Last month, Gits Manufacturing Company introduced our new Advanced Vent System (AVS) at ChemEdge 2019, which was held from August 13-16 in Louisville, KY. Combined, this innovative all metal, lead-free AVS Fusible Cap and AVS Pressure Vacuum Vent, give you the safest, most reliable and efficient venting system on the market today for metal IBCs, portable tanks, and totes.
“ChemEdge was a great event to showcase this exciting new venting solution, which was developed in response to customer demand for a truly worry-free system,” explained Derrick Spack, director of sales at Gits. “The AVS venting system is engineered to exacting standards using all stainless construction and innovative fusing technology.”
AVS Fusible Cap
Gits rugged, reliable, and cost-effective fusible cap design stands up to harsh environments with ease keeping contents intact and valuable resources — both human and capital — safe from harm 24/7.
- Patented all-metal fusible element and groove lock uses a eutectic alloy to ensure precise release at a single consistent temperature
- Lead-free and CA Prop 65 compliant
- Engineered to withstand overhead blows from dropped slings and harnesses
- Rugged design can withstand steam cleaning, drying, and sterilization without harmful effects
- New snag-free lug design resists harness and sling snagging
- Durable construction ensures no polymer degradation from UV radiation or aging
- Meets all UN31A requirements for fusible elements for portable tanks
AVS 2″ Pressure Vacuum Vent
This Gits AVS vent was designed to protect moving parts from the container contents. Engineered using key customer input, it provides better flow, stays cleaner, and is easier to maintain than ever before.
- Moving parts protected from container content
- Six times more pressure exhaust flow than comparable vents
- Ten percent more vacuum flow than comparable vents
- Discharge pressure can be changed by replacing cover (3 and 5 psig available)
- Vacuum setting can be changed by relocating an easily accessible clip (1/4 and 1/2 psig available)
- Worry-free cleaning, pressure adjustment and rework without special tools or instrumentation
- Inhibits water and contaminant from collecting on internal surfaces
- Resists water intrusion from rain or pressure wash
- Robust superhydrophobic/oleophobic coating resists fluid adhesion to working surfaces
- Over-sized o-rings provide improved sealing
About ChemEdge and NACD
ChemEdge is the leading chemical distribution operations and management conference in the United States and hosted annually by the National Association of Chemical Distributors (NACD). With more than 420 attendees, the three-day conference allows for distributors and supply chain partners to gain in-depth knowledge about the latest regulatory, operations, industry best practices, and management issues in the chemical distribution community.
Gits Manufacturing is a member of NACD, an international association of chemical distributors and their supply-chain partners. Member companies process, formulate, blend, re-package, warehouse, transport, and market chemical products for over 750,000 end-users. NACD and its more than 430 member companies are vital to the chemical supply chain and are leaders in health, safety, security, and environmental performance.
Gits Manufacturing provides smart, customized solutions in engine air and thermal management, actuation, lubrication, and venting to the world’s leading OEMs in a diverse range of industries. We engineer and build innovative products that enhance efficiency, quality, cleanliness, and safety in applications including diesel engines, turbochargers, IBCs and other portable tanks, hydraulic reservoirs, pumps, and gearboxes. Do you need a custom solution? Contact us now.
Connect With Us
Gits is on your favorite social media sites. We routinely monitor news from the many industries we serve — including agriculture, chemical processing, construction, food and beverage, gen sets, locomotives, marine, military, mining, oil and gas, pharmaceutical and trucking — and share it with our followers, along with key updates from Gits. Like us on Facebook and connect with us on LinkedIn today.